Strong Woman

I'm doing my family tree and I thought I might try to share some of it with you (the plan is each week with a prompt from the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks to write and share your genealogy, but we'll see!).


This is my father's mother's mother (so my great-grandmother) Susannah Jane Freeman, or Grandma Parsons as she was known. She was born 28 Sept 1873 in Crow Mountain, near Tamworth, NSW. With her husband, Charles Parsons, she had 7 children (one before her marriage - scandal! and supposedly the last one at age 51 - we are not sure of the story behind that one!). She died in 1956 aged 82 of heart disease.

That's her on the left - so good to see an old photo of people enjoying themselves!

So, for International Women's Day this week and for the Strong Women theme of #52ancestors, I think she looks like a strong and formidable female ancestor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First

Water

Lucky